100 Good Wishes Quilt

Good Wishes near and far have traveled from your home to our home. Enjoy collecting wishes with us as we welcome home our child.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Butterfly Wishes

Every wish is unique in its own way, but sometimes..
just sometimes..
one touches the heart..
and makes you thankful for all you have.
This wish is one of them .

Butterfly Wishes

Yesterday a butterfly
Came floating gently through the sky.
He soared up through the atmosphere
Then drifted close enough to hear.
I said, "I'd love to fly with you
And sail around the way you do.
It look like it would be such fun
To fly up toward the summer sun.
But I have not your graceful charm.
I haven't wings, just these two arms.
I've been designed to walk around.
My human feet must touch the ground."
Then magically he spoke to me
and told me what his wish would be.
He said, "What I'd love must to do
Is walk upon God's earth with you.
To squish it's mud between my toes
Or touch my finger to my nose.
I'd love just once to walk around
With human feet to touch the ground.
But I have not two legs that swing.
I haven't arms, just these two wings."
And so we went our separate ways
In wonder and surprise.
For we'd both seen God's precious gifts
Through someone else's eyes

-Author Unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home